TOMLAB is a general purpose development and modeling environment in Matlab for research, teaching and practical solution of optimization problems. The TOMLAB optimization environment is flexible, easy-to-use, robust and reliable for the solution of all types of applied optimization problems. TOMLAB has grown out of a need for advanced, robust and reliable tools to be used in the development of algorithms and software for the solution of applied optimization problems. TOMLAB supplies Matlab solver algorithms, as well as well-known state-of-the-art optimization software packages in the areas that TOMLAB covers. The external solvers are distributed as compiled binary MEX DLLs on PC-systems, and compiled MEX library files on Unix and other systems. All TOMLAB packages include a license for the solver.
The TOMLAB Base Module includes all Matlab code and a set of MEX file solvers. Additional solver capacity is available by adding one or more solver toolboxes, see the list of our products.
TOMLAB is compatible with the MathWorks Optimization Toolbox 3.x (see how they compare), but solves more types of optimization problems, and is faster and more robust.
More information about the TomSym modeling environment can be found here: http://tomsym.com/
An extensive and dedicated page about optimal control is available here: http://tomdyn.com/
[ Read more ]
TOMLAB solves sparse and dense problems in the following areas:
- Mixed-Integer Linear, Quadratic and Nonlinear Programming. TOMLAB /MINLP.
- Semidefinite Programming with bilinear matrix constraints (BMI, LMI). TOMLAB /PENBMI.
- Semidefinite Programming with LMI (Linear Matrix Inequalities). TOMLAB /PENSDP.
- Constrained Nonlinear Parameter Estimation, Minimax and L1 Data Fitting. TOMLAB Base Module.
- Nonlinear Programming. TOMLAB /SOL.
- Global Optimization (Several minima), Box-Bounded, Nonlinear and Integer Constraints. TOMLAB Base Module.
- Costly Global Nonconvex Optimization. TOMLAB /CGO.
- Linear and Nonlinear Least Squares. TOMLAB /SOL.
- Nonsmooth Optimization.
- Unconstrained Optimization.
- Linear and Quadratic Programming. TOMLAB /CPLEX or TOMLAB /GUROBI.
- Approximation of Empirical Data to Positive Sums of Exponential Functions.
- Geometric Programming. TOMLAB /GP.
TOMLAB available for
- Windows 32-bit Matlab 6.5, 7.x
- Windows 64-bit Matlab 7.5+
- Linux 32-bit Matlab 7.x
- Linux 64-bit Matlab 7.x (x86_64)
- Intel Mac OS X 64-bit Matlab 7.x
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Standalone licenses available for industrial and financial embedded systems.
- Compile into standalone with the Matlab Compiler (MCC).
- Fully compatible with MathWorks' Optimization Toolbox.
- More than 100 numerical algorithms, both Matlab and Fortran (using MEX).
- 6 methods for numerical differentiation.
- Automatic Differentiation with the MAD toolbox called from TOMLAB.
- Define your problem once, use all available solvers.
- Code generation with the TomSym modeling engine.